Subject: Re: -current (trunk) failing of chat(8) with a new kernel.
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Jonathan O'Brien <obrien@phoenix.sfsu.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/27/1997 18:46:27
On Tue, 28 Oct 1997, matthew green wrote:

I've seen this on my SS2 as well. If I use a kernel before
the zs changes all is well.

I did notice that if I 'stty -f /dev/ttyb -crtscts' from another
shell it will unfreeze my tip session. After I got logged into my
dialin server I 'stty -f /dev/ttyb crtscts' and fired up pppd,
everything worked fine after that.

jonathan

> from an approximately 12 hour old source tree, i build a new kernel for my
> SS2..  this is a headless machine with 16M, and runs as my router/ppp
> gateway, using a 28k8 modem, with ttyb running at 38400 bps.  my chat
> script never saw anything beyond the `CONNECT 28800' message, and eventually
> timed out.  i haven't yet investigated much further, but i was not getting
> any overruns -- it didn't get anything at all.
>

> i will have more data for this later today, when i'm not at work.
>

> .mrg.

Jon