Subject: Re: stopping on keyboadr abort
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Oliver Paulzen <opp@sunday.muffin.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/04/1997 13:47:10
Heya!

In article <Pine.SUN.3.96.971003085257.29496G-100000@like.duh.org>, Todd Vierling wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Oct 1997, Jussi Niemela wrote:
[...]
> 'Course, I need to ask anyone here that uses -current:  does 'go' from the
> prom monitor work for you?  It makes my system (SS2) fail with a "panic:
> trap" instead of resuming where it left off.
I've got an IPX running 1.2G. If I connect the type-5 keyboard (and
GDM-20D10) everything works quite fine. I can perfectly go into
PROM-mode with Stop-A and go back with 'go'. But if I run a serial
terminal as console, I can go into PROM-mode with a break-signal but
cannot go back. When I type 'go' I get 'Trap # (hex) 80' and still be
in PROM-mode. The only way out is a 'boot' :(

Are there any coherencies?

bye
 oLLi

--