Subject: Re: stopping on keyboadr abort
To: Jussi Niemela <jussi@kameleontti.dna.fi>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/03/1997 08:54:37
On Fri, 3 Oct 1997, Jussi Niemela wrote:

:  I am wondering why my SS1 (NetBSD 1.2.1) says 'stopping on keyboard abort'
:  and jumps to prom monitor after boot when the first user logged in from
:  console. I can after that type 'go' to resume, but is there something
:  wrong with my type-4 keyboard or what is that?

There may be something wrong on the keyboard such that it's sending spurious
BREAKs.  I've use a Type-4 before without any problems... though that was on
1.2D, later than 1.2.1.

'Course, I need to ask anyone here that uses -current:  does 'go' from the
prom monitor work for you?  It makes my system (SS2) fail with a "panic:
trap" instead of resuming where it left off.

=====
== Todd Vierling (Personal tv@pobox.com; Business tv@lucent.com)
== I know you like the Internet, Bobby.  Now go eat your Frosted Flakes.