Subject: panic: pv_unlink0 - bug squashed
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/25/1997 13:39:36
I forgot to report back on this problem. Shame on me.

 1:35PM  up 32 days, 10:38, 11 users, load averages: 1.37, 1.19, 1.23
NetBSD 1.2G (CESIUM) #18: Thu Aug 14 01:22:27 PDT 1997

I ran my system with my own patch (pv_va = 0 in pv_unlink4m()) for a few
months with no problem. In that period, Paul found some race condition
elsewhere in the pmap module, and committed a fix for it.

I upgraded my system to -current about a month ago (without my own patch in
pmap, using a completely stripped, non-DEBUG kernel, which before used to
panic before it got to the end of /etc/rc), and the panic has not come
back. Considering that I was getting the panic every few days before (and,
as noted, for some kernel configurations, it would panic during boot), I
consider this problem fixed. Huzzah!

	Erik <fair@clock.org>