Subject: Re: sun4m sparc processor support status
To: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
From: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/17/1997 00:47:30
> SuperSPARC Mbus modules withOUT SuperCACHE, NOT working.

These are ok now.

> HyperSPARC Mbus modules, recognized, but NOT working.

working in "degraded" mode for now (not exploiting cache-coherency).
There are still a few quirks to be ironed out.

> Multiprocessor Mbus modules recognized, and working, but only on one
> processor (others are recognized and shut off).

In fact, except for the processor booting us all processors are shut off
(or whatever the PROM does to them), and we don't turn them on.

Not all multi-processor mbus configurations are handled properly yet.
I hope to find out why that is soon.

-pk