Subject: Re: Parallel support?
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/15/1997 14:42:58
> From: "Erik E. Fair" (Timekeeper) <fair@clock.org>
> Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 17:30:46 -0700

> Well, aside from Ethernet interfaces and (duh) printers, what else
> can you hook to a parallel port these days?

Um, a parallel port is the perfect interface for many sort of homebrew
hardware hacks.  Even if the hardware demands some kind of
handshasking, this can usually be satisifed with a one-shot sitting on
a couple of the lines.

Whether any particular parallel port is suitable for such use, I don't
know (except for a Q-bus card or two, and I don't know if any NetBSD
port supports them; we don't even have any Q-bus ports aside from the
MicroVAX, do we?).

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca