Subject: Dual processor SS20/71
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matt Ragan <mragan@tivoli.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/27/1997 17:22:03
Yes, I know that NetBSD does not have multiprocessor support, but...

I was under the assumption from some time back that, while NetBSD did not
have multiprocessor support yet, that it would at least detect a dual-CPU
box and disable the second CPU, rather than panicking the system like
my current one does with the second processor installed.  Was this a
hallucination that I had, or is this something that is only true on,
for instance, a dual-processor Pentium box running the i386 port?

I don't have a problem running the box with a single CPU, but I'd rather
leave the processor in the box where it's not going to get lost or
damaged.

Also, if there's anything that I can do to help or test out any such
support that someone may be working on for the Sparc, let me know,
since I have a box available.

Matt Ragan           Corporate Information Technology       Tivoli Systems
Network Administrator                                       (512) 436-8821
9442 Capital of Texas Hwy, North                          Austin, TX 78759