Subject: Re: Installing NetBSD over SunOS
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/21/1997 10:38:40
   How hard is it to install NetBSD over SunOS 4.1.3?  I have installed NetBSD
   on one Sparc a long time ago, and at that time I had to use the SunOS
   disklabel command and some other magic to get things going.  Is this still
   necessary?

   I'd like to install NetBSD 1.2.1 (for stability) on a SS1 with only one
   disk, no floppy.  I can have all the tarballs in the local network, however.

   Simple or not? :)

can you netboot the machine?  if so, it is simple... otherwise, it may
be quite non-simple but certainly doable ...

if you can netboot, read the INSTALL for details.