Subject: revist: IPC serial ports
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG, e.p.boven@student.utwente.nl>
From: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/18/1997 08:56:47
Well, I finally found some time to rebuild a SPARC disk with
the latest snapshot... I *still* can't get serial stuff to
work correctly on my IPC- luckily I still have a kbd && sun monitor....

Here's what I got so far, using -current from yesterday:

+ I set up for ttya as in && out, pulled the keyboard out of the
machine, and:

	Just once I got a login prompt- however, typing into that
	port echoed some garbage characters, and nothing happened.
	The getty also went away.

	A couple of other tries didn't even get a login prompt.

	I also tried ttyb- not prompt.

	Back at screen/kbd as console, I enabled a getty for ttya.
	Nothing shows up on the tty.....

So- now I *know* that the zs driver works 'coz I use a headless ss2 at
NASA/AMES- has anyone really run the IPC serial ports at all? They seem
busted... I should also note that while my IPC is pretty flakey h/w wise-
it *does* work fine as a serial console if I netboot sunos, and was running
sparclinux okay as well...

Any thoughts, or should I put debugging this instance of the zs driver
back into my (long and slow) input queue?