Subject: Re: which systems are tested/supported?
To: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
From: Aaron Brown <abrown@cs.berkeley.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/13/1997 14:01:07
Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com> writes:

> I'll try and remember to boot up && test with my 2xSM51 SS10 next
> week sometime- it seems to me it actually did boot up NetBSD 1.2
> some time last April or so w/o choking on the 2nd CPU- I think I
> did a quick check of the ISP SBus card back then.

FWIW, there is code in the tree (even was in 1.2 I think) that is
supposed to disable any CPU but the first (well, actually, it just
makes sure that all interrupts go exclusively to the master
CPU). However, things have changed a lot since I wrote that (notably,
the cpu-state abstraction stuff went in, and a bunch of preliminary MP
stuff got merged), so I'm not sure what the current state of that code
is. The old code was actually never tested, but should have worked at
least if the system was booted from CPU0 (not clear what would happen
if it were booted from another CPU...)

--Aaron