Subject: scsi zip drives
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG, port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: maillist alias for CWW <netbsd@hopf.math.purdue.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/12/1997 15:09:57
I'm trying to use a scsi zip drive with NetBSD-1.2G on a Sparc IPX.
I was able to disk label and newfs  disks to use. However, for
portability, I'd like to be able to use an MSDOS format. The
mtools 3.6 I'm using doesn't seem to support scsi media on this platform,
although it mentions Sunos and Solaris as supported.

1) Am I correct that MSTOOLS to an unlabeled msdod zip disk will not
work? ( my machine gives me a "scsi-io no implemented" error ).

2) Mounting as a msdos disk will not work if the zip disk is unlabled either.

Help???
Clarence Wilkerson