Subject: Re: Is 1.2.1 ppp ok?
To: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/12/1997 07:27:05
On Mon, Aug 11, 1997 at 06:10:23PM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
>   Please pardon this really dumb question...but are people having good
> results with the PPP support in 1.2.1?  I'm about to bring up a new
> remote system, and I'd like to use 1.2.1...unless someone suggests
> otherwise.  The target platform is a SPARCstation-1.

I have been using PPP heavily on 1.2.07 (a patched 1.2 ;-) and it works
OK.  The only problem is that sometimes the link locks up and has to be
restarted (I don't know if this is caused by the modems, the com driver,
or PPP itself (I'm running this on i386 port)).  I'm not sure how well
the SS1 serial ports perform - if they work OK, then PPP should be fine.

  -jm

--

                       1503 kHz @ 22:30 EET DST Mon-Fri

                     ---> http://www.jmp.fi/~jmarin/ <---