Subject: Re: Any browser for 1.2.1?
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG, werther@home.wservice.com>
From: Michael Lorenz <ml@persius.rz.uni-potsdam.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/04/1997 15:03:16
Moin !

> I'm running 1.2.1 on my little Sparc 2 and I'm quite happy about it --
> except when it comes to Web browsers, that is.  What are the options
> available?  Of course I could get hold of Lynx and compile it, but I'd
> like to know:
>
> 1) Is there a XMosaic binary available somewhere?
yep, ftp://elba.math.uni-potsdam.de/pub/NetBSD/sparc/

> 2) Any chance of success at running Netscape 3.01 for SunOS 4.1.3?
>    Since FreeBSD users can run the BSDI version...
some people got it running, but my IPX is somewhat slow for Netscape 3 or better.

> Also, by (nearly) the same token, I'd like to know how to get hold of
> a better window manager than twm -- nnnggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!
yep, I have to offer: Afterstep, fvwm2, fvwm95, mlvwm (Macintosh lookalike) qvwm ( even more win95 like than fvwm95 ), amiwm ( Amiga look ) ...
oops, sorry, just had a look onto my ftp directory, only afterstep and mlvwm are currently available as binaries. if you take Mosaic remember to fetch lesstif too.

bye
Michael