Subject: Re: Any browser for 1.2.1?
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Mark Newton <newton@atdot.dotat.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/04/1997 03:02:41
Anders Magnusson wrote:

 > > Gut feeling tells me that if Slowlaris wants to determine that a certain
 > > behaviour pattern for a process ought to lead to the death of that
 > > process then NetBSD in Solaris emulation ought to as well.
 >
 > I don't know, but exporting of display from Sol2.5 generated a bus
 > error, but it worked under NetBSD. This was the first Netscape beta IIRC.
 > It worked also under 2.5.1 on an Ultra.

Ah, ok -- Might have been a 2.5 bug that caused that particular
bus error.  That's a different kettle of fish.

Just out of interest, who's (ir)responsible for the Solaris emulation
code in NetBSD?  I have a small amount of interest in getting Solaris-x86
emulation into FreeBSD, and want to nut out some technical details
(like, for example, how to deal with STREAMS in a BSD environment
without needing to exchange half a megabyte of email I don't understand
with Terry Lambert :-)

     - mark

I tried an internal modem,                    newton@atdot.dotat.org
     but it hurt when I walked.                          Mark Newton
----- Voice: +61-4-1155-2401 ------------- Fax: +61-8-83732527 -----