Subject: Re: Mbus module support in NetBSD/sparc
To: None <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
From: Greg Earle <earle@isolar.Tujunga.CA.US>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/01/1997 15:59:53
> I can't tell you about HyperSPARC (Ross 625).  There's support for this
> model in -current, but it's not tested. If anyone has access to a HyperSPARC
> machine, please give it a try.

I have one HyperSPARC (an HS151) machine which normally runs SunOS 4.1.4
that I could certainly try booting a -current kernel on if someone wants to
dump one (presumably GENERIC) into ftp://elroy.jpl.nasa.gov/pub/incoming/ ...

On the SPARC front in general, though, I would think it would be of interest
to us to try and see if we can get something rolling on the new PCI bus-based
UltraSPARC Model 30 boxes ... modulo the existing problems with porting to
the UltraSPARC/UPA/Creator platform, I would suppose that dealing with a
PCI bus architecture would be a little easier?  Or is it a wash because we
already do SBus ...

	- Greg