Subject: Re: Pain .. oh, pain.
To: Chief Anarchic Officer <greywolf@starwolf.starwolf.com>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/01/1997 11:09:14
> It turns out that I can get keystrokes through X now that xdm runs again
> (it was previously crashing with illegal instructions), but I don't appear
> to be able to talk to the getty or the console shell still.  I'll
> keep you updated if this changes.
>
> Is there a known good sparc 1.2[a-g] snapshot around anywhere (the later
> the better; I'd prefer to be running something a little more current
> than 1.2D]?

I missed the first part of this thread, but I initially couldn't type
anything on my SS10.  Telneting in and doing "cat /dev/kbd" would "unlock"
the keyboard for me.  Once I had the SS10 all updated and fully populated
with -current, I still had the problem.  I then updated my boot blocks
from SunOS 4.1.4 to the latest NetBSD ones, and then my keyboard worked
fine. (and still does)  I'm not sure *why*, but that is what I ran into.
I'm just happy that my SS10 Model 30 (weird viking CPU) is supported
now! (thanks pk!)

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.