Subject: Re: a type 5 keyboard on a sparc 1, should it work?
To: Brian Buhrow <email@example.com>
From: I can teach you how to fish... <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 07/28/1997 23:06:04
more than likely it's a blown fuse. I've used type 5s on SS1s with
Brian Buhrow sez:
* Hello fellow Port-sparc users. I believe I have a very simple
* question. Should a type 5 keyboard work on a Sparc 1, ROM version 1.3? I
* don't get any flashing lights when I turn on the machine with the keyboard
* plugged in, and the machine complains that it can't find the keyboard. I
* suspect a blown keyboard port fuse inside the Sparc, but thought I'd ask
* here. I know I've plugged type 5 keyboards into ELC's, Sparc 2, and
* IPC/IPX machines with no problem, but I can't remember a Sparc 1 precisely.
* If anyone can confirm that it should work, let me know.
* If someone who can tel me it won't lt me know.
"Windows/NT - From the people who brought you EDLIN".