Subject: Re: A couple of SS1 questions.
To: Brad Spencer <brad@anduin.eldar.org>
From: Lau Kin Jock <kin.lau@shaw.wave.ca_NO_SPAM>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/22/1997 22:33:57
Brad Spencer wrote:

> Given a Sparc 1 with ROM revision 1.3 and NetBSD 1.2G or so...
>
> 1) Has anyone managed to netboot a machine with that configuration.  I
> attempted to do this and was unsuccessful.  What appeared to happen was
> repeated attempts to retreive the boot code with tftp.  As far as I can
> tell everything should have worked [the ethers file was right, the
> bootparams file was right, the boot code existed and pointed to correctly,
> and all the proper daemons were running], it just never managed to get the
> boot file.

Got myself a SS1+ w/ 1.3 ROMs and the _exact_ same problem... I'm
booting off a Linux
server.  Tftpd keeps sending the file, but the ss1+ won't take it for
some reason.  _If_
I first boot SunOS (from disk), then netbooting comes up fine.  Once in
a bluemoon, with
the right flick of the power switch, it'll netboot without doing SunOS
first.

--
Kin Lau

To reply, remove _NO_SPAM from the email address