Subject: Re: Sparcstation 5/170
To: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
From: Neil J. McRae <neil@domino.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/09/1997 08:40:39
On Tue, 8 Jul 1997 22:35:04 +0200 (MET DST)
 Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl> wrote:

> After a dozen or so "e-mail debugging sessions" and code exchanges with
> Juergen Hannken-Illjes, I'm confident to say that the `Fujitsu turbosparc'
> support for the Sparcstation 5/170 seems to be in pretty good shape now.

Excellent!

Just to add to the archive, I'm running /sparc on a SS5/170 Transtec
Clone:

mainbus0 (root): SUNW,SPARCstation-5
cpu0 at mainbus0: FMI,MB86904 @ 110 MHz, on-chip FPU
cpu0: physical 16K instruction (32 b/l), 8K data (16 b/l) cache NOT enabled for 4/0 cpu/mmu combination

Seems to run OK, in 2 weeks the machine hasn't crashed.

Cheers,
Neil.
--
Neil J. McRae. Alive and Kicking.       Domino: In the glow of the night.
neil@DOMINO.ORG        NetBSD/sparc: 100% SpF (Solaris protection Factor)