Subject: Re: Anyone running a Sparc5/170 ??
To: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
From: Geoff Adams <gadams@avernus.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/02/1997 02:11:26
Andrew Gillham writes:
 > ppp-gw:~> uptime
 >  6:51PM  up 399 days,  1:09, 1 user, load averages: 0.17, 0.10, 0.09
 > ppp-gw:~> uname -a
 > NetBSD ppp-gw 1.2_ALPHA NetBSD 1.2_ALPHA (GATEWAY) #0: Tue May 28 17:27:38 EDT 1996     gillhaa@ghost:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/GATEWAY i386

I've been holding out until this baby hits a year running, but you've
got me beat.  Still, I find this impressive:

charon:~: uptime
 1:57AM  up 316 days, 19 mins, 1 user, load averages: 0.24, 0.18, 0.17
charon:~: uname -a
NetBSD charon.avernus.com 1.2_BETA NetBSD 1.2_BETA (CHARON) #0: Fri Aug  2 00:48:10 EDT 1996     gadams@charon.avernus.com:/build/netbsd/sys/arch/sparc/compile/CHARON sparc

This is a 4/300 that basically gets hammered on constantly, as my
primary source server (X, gnu stuff, NetBSD supped daily, etc.), Mac
file server (via NFS), primary kerberos server, secondary DNS and
hesiod server, stratum 3 time server, and so on.  It also has two
ethernet interfaces, although one of them isn't being used at the
moment.  It's nice to see such rock-solid performance, and this from a
BETA operating system!  :-)

Now, let's see if we can get that SS5/170 up and running!

- Geoff