Subject: NetBSD kernel rebuild
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jim Palmer <palmerj@vail.gsfc.nasa.gov>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/19/1997 14:58:06
Hello!

I am trying to rebuild the kernel of my NetBSD/Sparc5 platform.  I am not
an experienced kernel hacker and I need a sanity check on what I'm doing.
Modifications are being done on the following files:

/usr/src/sys/conf/files  (addition of a c module)
/usr/src/sys/arch/sparc/conf/GENERIC  (addition of an option)

These changes are fairly straight-forward, but I don't know the exact
procedure for building the new kernel with the changes and installing it in
place of the old kernel.  Can anyone give me a laundry list of the steps
necessary to compile and install a new kernel?  Hopefully this would include
the names of the directories where the action is taking place, but I 'll
take what I can get!  :-)

Thanks

Jim Palmer