Subject: Re: Problems with second ethernet in -current
To: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
From: Matt Ragan <mragan@tivoli.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/19/1997 09:45:08
Erik E. Fair wrote:

>I've got FSBE/S's in every one of my SPARCs (one of them has two!). I've
>seen this problem before. The work-around is to configure an address on
>that interface. (yeah, I shoulda reported it, but I've been busy...). Once
>the interface is configured, it's happy.
>
>	Erik

Actually, I have the opposite problem.  It's happy until I configure an
address on it.  After the address is configured, if I do an ifconfig on
that interface, it panics.  It doesn't panic before it's configured.

Matt Ragan           Corporate Information Technology       Tivoli Systems
Network Administrator                                       (512) 436-8821
9442 Capital of Texas Hwy, North                          Austin, TX 78759