Subject: Re: Sparc lawyers prove more stupid than suns (fwd)
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Craig Dewick <cdewick@lios.apana.org.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/19/1997 09:15:30
In <Pine.NEB.3.96.970617164605.843B-100000@amon.portal.ca> arubenstein@staff.portal.ca (Ari Rubenstein) writes:

>On Tue, 17 Jun 1997, Segmentation Violation.  Core dumped. wrote:

>> This is really interesting.  How do they figure that the use of SPARC/sparc
>> in one context is OK while the use in another context is not?  Either it
>> applies to all contexts or to none.

>I think I'll start a company called Apple Computers, or maybe Apple
>Records, no wait... maybe a roadside fruit-stand called "Apples"...

Well, I have a small Sun surplus business running here in Sydney called 'Sun
Ripened Kernels' ('http://www.zeta.org.au/~craig/srk.html' - plug plug
plug!). I haven't seen anyone from Sun running my way to tell me I can't use
'Sun' in my business name. I even have the name registration certificate to
prove that I have the right to the use the name.

Regards,

Craig.
--
            Craig Dewick. Send email to 'cdewick@lios.apana.org.au'