Subject: Problems with second ethernet in -current
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matt Ragan <mragan@tivoli.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/18/1997 17:35:31
I have a SS5 running -current as of June 13th, into which I am trying to put
a second Ethernet card.  I have an FSBE (combo Ethernet/SCSI) in the
machine, which is detected when the machine boots up:

lebuffer0 at sbus0 slot 2 offset 0x40000
le1 at lebuffer0 slot 0x2 offset 0x60000 pri 7: address 08:00:20:71:96:6f
le1: 64 receive buffers, 16 transmit buffers

While the interface is down and unconfigured, you can ifconfig and see the
card without a problem, but after bringing the interface up and configuring
it (no errors), an 'ifconfig le1' panics the machine with a kernel fault.
My next step is to build a debug kernel to get a valid traceback to see
where it's panicking, but if anyone has any clue as to what's happening,
I'd appreciate being enlightened.

Matt Ragan           Corporate Information Technology       Tivoli Systems
Network Administrator                                       (512) 436-8821
9442 Capital of Texas Hwy, North                          Austin, TX 78759