Subject: Re: Sparc lawyers prove more stupid than suns (fwd)
To: Johan Danielsson <joda@pdc.kth.se>
From: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/18/1997 11:02:57
Go read the pages of SPARC International at http://www.sparc.com/  because
they give, among other things, a list of members services which includes a
software verification suite (against Solaris, one presumes) for binaries to
make sure they'll run on all SPARCs.

Organization membership begins at $500 (per year?) and runs up to $20,000
if you want to actually vote in the organization or something.

I think it would be a good idea for someone from the NetBSD Core to
approach them so that person has some ability to speak legally for the
NetBSD Foundation. It would also be a good idea for there to be *one*
person working on this so that we don't step on each other's toes.

	Erik