Subject: Re: Sparc lawyers prove more stupid than suns (fwd)
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/17/1997 11:45:07
How much money (or other consideration) does SPARC International want for
use of the trademark for NetBSD? If we ask nicely, maybe they'll give us a
waiver from the restrictions (or a license to use the tm) for free. After
all, we *are* promoting the use of SPARC architecture & processors, which
should make them very happy - we're addressing the market consisting of
people & organizations who want to use SPARC processors, but not Solaris; a
market that Sun Microsystems currently ignores.

On the other hand, if they mention Solaris as being required in some way,
the original suspicion about the origins of this will have been proven
correct.

	Erik <fair@clock.org>