Subject: Re: Sun4m Audio
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Miguel de Icaza <miguel@nuclecu.unam.mx>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/16/1997 17:55:56
> > I'm really tired of running a dead OS and have no desire to "upgrade"
> > to the hell that is Solaris 2.  I am aware that SparcLinux supports
> > audio on SS5's [...]
>
> Couldn't someone steal the basics of how to deal with the chip from this
> driver (once again, how is it that the Linux folks get documentation on these
> chips/subsystems that lets them write drivers?)?

Get the technical sheets from the vendors that produce the chips.
Usually, some Altavista work gets you the information.

And as I pointed out before, vger.rutgers.edu usually has a copy of
all of the postscript docs that we have got our hands on.

Cheers,
Miguel.
--
Linux/Ultra64: The Choice of a GNU generation.