Subject: How to get to my floppy?
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Boven <e.p.boven@student.utwente.nl>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/06/1997 03:03:25
Hi everyone,

What's the correct way to get the floppy drive on an IPC to work?
I've been trying for quite a while, but no effect so far.
I did a MAKEDEV fd0, which gave me 8 floppy special-files, and am
using the generic-snapshot from netbsd.org. The floppy controler
gets recognised by the kernel, but "eject floppy" gives a "device
not configured".
Also, how does one usually mount and format floppies? Would I be able
to read/write msdos-compatible disks with this?
Sorry for the stupid questions, reply outside the list would be ok with
me.

Regards, Paul.

Paul Boven, <e.p.boven@student.utwente.nl>  PE1NUT  QRV 145.575 JO32KF
          Lynx users have a "Right to follow a link", too!