Subject: Re: SS1 miniroot
To: Manuel BOUYER <bouyer@antioche.ibp.fr>
From: Nathan Gelbard <gelbard@ENGR.ORST.EDU>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/05/1997 01:47:50
At 10:37 AM 6/5/97 +0200, Manuel BOUYER wrote:
>On Jun 4, Nathan Gelbard wrote

>> It boots the kernel no prob, IDs all my old hardware <g>
>> Then, I think when it tries to find the FS, it starts printing
>> out
>>
>> Type b (boot), C (continue), or N (new command mode)
>>
>> over and over again.
>>
>> What to do?
>>

>I think you need to switch the prom to the new command mode:
>at the: Type b (boot), C (continue), or N (new command mode)
>prompt, enter
>then the prompt should change to "ok". Now type
>"setenv sunmon-compat? false"
>
>All this is in the install file.

Been there, done that, I DID read the install carefully ;)
I found it only seemed to acutally boot the rest of the miniroot
if I power-cycled the machine, setenv eveything, THEN boot sd(0,3,1)netbsd -s.

Also, while using the install script, newfs would seg fault more
that I would like it to. No apparent reason. My partitioning
is correct (partition sizes divisible by ...sectors/cylinder i think..one
of those #s. I dont have my install faq next to me now).

Very odd.