Subject: Re: bad eeprom?
To: Nathan Gelbard <gelbard@ENGR.ORST.EDU>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/01/1997 23:22:15
On Sun, 1 Jun 1997, Nathan Gelbard wrote:

> 	I've got a SS1 w/ SunOS 4.1.4 on it. Soon, it will be NetBSD!
> But, I've got a little problem. When it boots up, the bootbios
> claims that the ethernet address is FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF.

You can replace the NVRAM chip or, if you're too lazy to do that
(like me) there are FAQs available on how to do the programming.
If you program it on boot, the settings are retained until you
power-off the machine. My solution was never to cycle power unless
I really had to.

If you can't dig up the appropriate FAQs, drop me e-mail and I will
dig out my copies.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca	   Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite myst, software reverberates