Subject: Re: rr_iospace not set? that's why my SS2 panics...
To: None <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
From: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/01/1997 15:23:44
>When Sbus device addresses are presented in `relative' mode, `rr_iospace'
>wouldn't get set. I've just fixed this.
>
>This would affect machines which, in addition to using relative sbus
>addressing, don't have the "ranges" property in the Sbus node itself.
>Is that the case on your SS2?

ranges are a property of OBP 3, I believe. This SS2 is OBP2.1-
I don't recall off the top of my head as to whether stuff is
presented as relative or absolute- relative I believe- it's
my recollection that the absolute addresses for SS1, SS1+,
IPC and SLC were busted for SS2 which wanted more flexibility-
maybe for Boris/Natasha...