Subject: ttya/ttyb help?
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Patrick J.M. Keane <patrick@asterix.mathcs.wilkes.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/25/1997 09:09:58
I'm having some difficulties getting my modem to work with tip on a
Sun IPC.  This is the machine with the weird 9-pin din connectors in
the back for serial ports.  Well, the cable that I am using to go from
9-pin DIN to 25 pin is one which I built.  However, with SunOS, I
never had any problems using the modem, so I do not suspect the cable.
The message which I am getting is:

> tip ttya
link down

Over and over, "link down".  I don't believe it is the /etc/remote
settings which I am using, because they are standard hardwire
settings.  I do need to get this modem working so that I may dial out
with the Sun, asap.

If anyone has any suggestions, please e-mail them to me, as I am not a
member of this mailing list.  I would really appreciate it.

Thanks very much,

Patrick