Subject: Re: esp failures on a 1+
To: Jeremy Cooper <jeremy@broder.com>
From: Scott Bartram <scottb@orionsoft.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/22/1997 09:20:14

> On Wed, 21 May 1997, Scott Bartram wrote:
>

> > I've got a current (5-17) kernel running on a 1+ that I'm trying to use
> > as an Appletalk server. I consistently receive esp-type panics when the
> > system gets any load. Is the 1+ a hopeless cause or what?
>
> What indications do you have that your panics are 'esp' related?  The
> dmesg output that you posted didn't exactly point to that conclusion.

When I have been at the console during a panic (several times), I see
many 'esp' error messages immediately prior to the panic. I can't find
these messages in any logs but they do happen. I'll try to copy them
down next time but they scroll off the screen very quickly.

What conclusion do you draw from the dmesg output?

scott