Subject: Sparc20 install hassles....
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jim Palmer <palmerj@vail.gsfc.nasa.gov>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/21/1997 15:42:03
Hello,

After a successful install of version 1.2 on a Sparc5 I assumed that
a Sparc20 would prove substantially the same. WRONG!!!
Every attempt to boot from the NetBSD bootstrap file results in the system
saying that the file does not appear to be executable.  I get this result
from both the sun4 and sun4c files.

Hopefully someone can give me some answers to the following problems:

1) Is there a basic imcompatibility between NetBSD 1.2 and Sparc20s
(Rom version 2.5)?

2) What is the difference between the sun4 and sun4c boot files?

3) On a different note;  are there any major problems with running on
a Sparc 2?

Thanks,

Jim Palmer