Subject: Re: Netscape 4.0b3 SunOS 4.1.3_U1
To: None <MLARKIN@csupomona.edu>
From: Greg Earle <earle@isolar.Tujunga.CA.US>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/21/1997 01:44:51
> Any luck with this software?

Yep.

> All I get is:
>
> $ /usr/local/netscape/netscape_dns
> ksh: /usr/local/netscape/netscape_dns: Cannot allocate memory

Hehe.  Do I hear an echo in here?  :-)

(We ran through this a month ago.  Change MAXTSIZ in the file
 /usr/src/sys/arch/sparc/include/vmparam.h from 8 Mb to -current's 64,
 build a new kernel and reboot and it will work, modulo the caveats below.)

> BTW, 3.0 Netscape did work. And I have all my SunOS libs in the right place..

Make sure they're the SunOS 4.1.3_U1 libraries, btw.

> (Could this be my old kernel? I'm still using 1.2_ALPHA from about 5/96 or so)

Physician, upgrade thyself!   Get thee at least up to 1.2.1, lad!

After you get it working, try some Java stuff out and see if it falls flat on
its face.  If it does, create ~/.netscape/ifc11.jar and ~/.netscape/java40.jar
as symlinks to (presumably) /usr/local/netscape/java/classes/ifc11.jar and
/usr/local/netscape/java/classes/java40.jar, respectively and see if that
fixes it.

	- Greg