Subject: Re: Sun 4/260's For Sale
To: None <StudioHaus@aol.com>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/14/1997 07:38:30
> I'm not sure if this is the appropriate area to post an offering like
> this [...]

I think netbsd-forsale (which I'm not sure of the host machine for,
actually; I think it isn't netbsd.org) would have been the right place.
In this case you're probably unlikely to have angered anyone....

> Knowing next to nothing about UNIX operating systems [...]

You know enough to send to port-sparc, that's more than most :-)

> Sorry, that's it.  I can also tell you what they do when I attempt to
> boot them:

> They go through a memory check and then attempt to access a remote
> server, getting the message:

> si:peek failed
> ie:no carrier
> ie:no carrier

"si: peek failed"?  That sounds as though they don't actually have SCSI
controllers in them.  But you said (in what I snipped, above) that they
do; why do you believe they do?  (Or was the sc an option for the
-4/260?  I suppose this is more a question for port-sparc than you.)

> P.S.  These are heavy suckers (~250 lbs.) so shipping is an issue.

I must admit I'm tempted anyway.  Do you happen to know what shipping
to Montreal would cost?

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca