Subject: Re: Sparc 1 installation problems
To: Chad Mynhier <mynhier@cs.utk.edu>
From: Jesper Nilsson <dat92jni@ludat.lth.se>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/10/1997 21:53:06
On Fri, 9 May 1997, Chad Mynhier wrote:
> 	I tried to install 1.2 on a Sparc 1 this morning.  I copied the
> miniroot to the swap partition and tried to boot off of it.  Just after
> the copyright message, I a bunch of these:
>
> stray interrupt ipl c pc=f80c1f98 npc=f80c1f9c psr=4007c1<S,PS>
>
> before the machine crapped out.  It's a normal Sparc 1 with a 105M disk
> and a cg6 frame buffer.  Any hints?

It looks like the trouble we're having on our Sparc-1.
It seems that there are outstanding interrupts when you land
in the boot-prom, which gets handled (or rather not handled)
during boot.

Do a 'reset', stop-A at the memory test and try to boot from
there. It works for us.

> Chad Mynhier <mynhier@cs.utk.edu>
> Lab Engineer, CS Department
> University of Tennessee, Knoxville

/^JN - Jesper Nilsson
--
              I've heard of UNIseX, but I've never had it.
      Jesper Nilsson -- dat92jni@ludat.lth.se || jesper@df.lth.se