Subject: Re: svr4 emulation (LONG)
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christos Zoulas <christos@nyc.deshaw.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/06/1997 14:19:51
In article <199705060813.KAA07375@pancake.pdc.kth.se> haba@pdc.kth.se (Harald Barth) writes:
>> /emul/svr4/ is populated with just about every shared library known
>> to man.
>
>We may need some libs not known to man :-) In your ktrace, you are looking
>for these libs:
>
>>  21750 ldd      NAMI  "/emul/svr4/usr/platform/W8601/8701 or MB86903 @ 40 MHz, on-chip FPU/lib/libc_psr.so.1"
>>  21750 ldd      NAMI  "/usr/platform/W8601/8701 or MB86903 @ 40 MHz, on-chip FPU/lib/libc_psr.so.1"
>
>I found such a lib om an ultra in /usr/platform/sun4u/lib/libc_psr.so.1
>I have no idea what it is used for nor why it seems to be required. You
>might try to make this file:
>
>"/emul/svr4/usr/platform/W8601/8701 or MB86903 @ 40 MHz, on-chip FPU/lib/libc_psr.so.1"
>
>When using libraries and binaries involved with dynamic linking, you
>want these to come from a solaris machine with the same architecture
>as your NetBSD one. This is my best guess, I'll try the srv4 emulation
>some time in the future.

This is a problem with the information we have in our uname. Obviously
what is there right now is not the same as in solaris. I've considered
making a table so that the information is the same, but I've only found
a libc_psr.so.1 on the ultra and we don't run on them yet, so I have not
bothered to fix this.

christos