Subject: Re: svr4 emulation (LONG)
To: None <greywolf@captech.com>
From: Harald Barth <haba@pdc.kth.se>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/06/1997 10:13:00
> /emul/svr4/ is populated with just about every shared library known
> to man.

We may need some libs not known to man :-) In your ktrace, you are looking
for these libs:

>  21750 ldd      NAMI  "/emul/svr4/usr/platform/W8601/8701 or MB86903 @ 40 MHz, on-chip FPU/lib/libc_psr.so.1"
>  21750 ldd      NAMI  "/usr/platform/W8601/8701 or MB86903 @ 40 MHz, on-chip FPU/lib/libc_psr.so.1"

I found such a lib om an ultra in /usr/platform/sun4u/lib/libc_psr.so.1
I have no idea what it is used for nor why it seems to be required. You
might try to make this file:

"/emul/svr4/usr/platform/W8601/8701 or MB86903 @ 40 MHz, on-chip FPU/lib/libc_psr.so.1"

When using libraries and binaries involved with dynamic linking, you
want these to come from a solaris machine with the same architecture
as your NetBSD one. This is my best guess, I'll try the srv4 emulation
some time in the future.

(Anders, you're running netscape under the srv4 emulation, and
probably reading this, can you confirm or smash my theories to
pieces?)

Harald.