Subject: Sparc assembly code reference
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chad Mynhier <mynhier@cs.utk.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/25/1997 13:11:30
	To be brief:

	1) Is there a canonical assembly code (and/or architecture)
	   reference manual?

	2) What is it?

	3) Where can I get it?

	To be a little bit more long-winded:  I'm leading a class this
summer that's basically a BSD code-reading class (i.e., "Now that you've
written a toy operating system for your OS course, here's how a real
operating system deals with those problems.")  I'm planning on looking at
the Sparc port, so I need to be able to read things llike locore.s.

	(If someone wants to suggest a different port to look at and why,
I'm open to suggestions.  The hp700 port would be a good one, 'cause the
PA-RISC 1.1 manual is available on the Web, but it hasn't happened yet.)

Many thanks,
Chad Mynhier <mynhier@cs.utk.edu>
Lab Engineer, CS Department
University of Tennessee, Knoxville