Subject: Re: PGP Decoding
To: None <levine@yoyo.org>
From: Paul Boven <e.p.boven@student.utwente.nl>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/24/1997 08:53:27
Hi Neil,

> I am sure this question must have been raised at some point in the
> past. I have compiled PGP on my IPC using the SunOS flags bu deite
> encrypting fine, it will not decrypt messages or check sigs etc.
> I get:

> ERROR: unexpected end of compressed data input.
> Decompression error.  Probable corrupted input.
> Is there a quick fix or a patch available?

This is a known problem with PGP for (Sparc)NetBSD. The problem
is with the lseek-calls in zipup.c and unzip.c, the compression code.
PGP itself is working ok, you'll find that if you turn off the
compression, you'll be able to encrypt and subsequently decrypt files.

You need to tell pgp that lseek takes an off_t instead of a long as
second argument, by removing the lseek-declarations in these two files
and including <unistd.h>.

Regards, Paul.
Paul Boven, <e.p.boven@student.utwente.nl>  PE1NUT  QRV 145.575 JO32KF
          Lynx users have a "Right to follow a link", too!