Subject: Re: Greg slays the Netscape 4.0beta3 Goliath
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@rmkhome.rmkhome.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/15/1997 01:20:59
Greg Earle said:

>Well, wouldn't you know it, a quick symlink from ~/.netscape/ifc11.jar to
>/usr/local/netscape/java/classes/ifc11.jar and now Netscape 4.0beta3's a
>happy camper, even w.r.t. Java.  (Although I noticed that it runs the Java
>apps noticably slower than 3.01, slow even for an SPARCstation 20/71.)

I tried the 4.0beta3 on my sparc 2 running SunOS 4.1.4.  It appears that
32 megs of memory and 64 megs of swap just isn't enough.

The browser worked, but starting up the newsreader caused endless thrashing.

I wonder how it runs on a win95 pc with 16 megs of memory?
--
Rick Kelly	rmk@rmkhome.com	    rmk@tencats.rmkhome.com
                http://tencats.rmkhome.com