Subject: Re: More quirks.
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael K. Sanders <msanders@shell.aros.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/10/1997 01:43:20
In message <9704091847.AA07581@isolar.Tujunga.CA.US>, Greg Earle writes:
>I'm not sure what you're saying.  A disk that doesn't probe via probe-scsi
>"work[s] fine"?  You certainly have to be able to see the disk from the
>PROM with no problems in order to boot from it or do anything else  :-)

When I boot the machine diskless from the network, the NetBSD kernel
probes the SCSI bus and sees the drive, and it "works fine". I am
able to install NetBSD on to the drive, but since the PROM doesn't
get along with it, I can't boot from it after NetBSD has been
installed.

So does anyone have a solution for getting the PROM to be
happy about the drive?