Subject: Mosaic and lesstif available
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael Lorenz <ml@persius.rz.uni-potsdam.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/09/1997 11:09:56
Hi there !

My mini ftp server now holds a sparc section which now features lesstif and Mosaic 2.7b5. Lesstif is a free Motif clone which is still buggy and works only partially but enough for Mosaic...
NCSA Mosaic 2.7b5 is still far away from Netscape but a big step closer than several other browsers ( background pictures and so on ). Drawback: you see that the MS Internet explorer is based on this...
ok, it has compiled-in jpeg support and needs lesstif's shared libraries. You may use real motif as well but since I don't have it I couldn't test this.
coming soon: afterstep and neXtaw, giving your X11 desktop a somewhat NeXTStepish look and feel ( ready, I just have to pack it together ), X11R6.3 ( ditto ), GNUStep ( maybe, the download isn't finished yet )
all this stuff you will find via anonymous ftp at elba.math.uni-potsdam.de ( please use this only if you really have to... it's my workstation ) or from ftp.sitec.de which mirrors elba weekly.

bye
Michael
P.S. the same stuff apart from X11R6.3 will be released for the hp300