Subject: Re: diskless boot fails on Super COMPstation 20S
To: None <msanders@celestar.com, port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Joseph R. Rach <nomad@UDel.Edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/07/1997 22:03:19
Michael,

    I've had similar problems getting 1.2 installed on my Tatung.
    Initially, the kernel would hang around the time of mounting
    root after bootstrapping. Then, I got those stray interrupts
    things. Anyway, give try reducing the memmory in system down
    to <=32. I found that enabled me to boot the install kernels,
    I had to recompile a kernel setting something like MAXMEM in
    the config file. I'm not on the system, so I can't cut-n-paste
    the line, sorry.

    I know the problem I had was related to booting with >32 megs
    with the install kernels (much experimentation). I still get
    the stray interrupts if the system crashes or is shutdown
    wrong. My cure for that is turning the cpu power off/on.

    Hope your problem is similar....

                                                             Joe
--
"How evolved can a man be who drives a Dodge Dart?"  -  Agent Mulder
                                                        The X-Files