Subject: NetBSD 1.2 Sparc directories (???)
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jim Palmer <palmerj@vail.gsfc.nasa.gov>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/04/1997 10:35:56
Hello,

I'm brand new to NetBSD and have recently installed version 1.2 onto
a Sparc5 workstation.  It's my intention to do some kernel modifications
and rebuild the kernel but I can't seem to find any of the traditional
kernel file or directories (i.e. /usr/sys /var/sys) within the file systems.
Have I missed something in the install or are there additional/optional
distribution archives that I need to download in order to attempt
kernel mods?  I installed the following distribs during the install
via the miniroot method:

base.tar.gz
comp.tar.gz
etc.tar.gz
games.tar.gz
man.tar.gz
misc.tar.gz
secr.tar.gz
text.tar.gz

Hope someone can give me a clue (or help me buy one!).

Thanks,

-Jim Palmer