Subject: Re: A few problems with NetBSD-current on a SS1+
To: None <joachim@colba.net, pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
From: Chris Torek <torek@BSDI.COM>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/27/1997 12:25:54
>There's a bug in some revisions of the esp scsi chip that cause
>the re-select data read from the chip to contain more bytes than
>the expected two, and the driver does not yet work around it.

>As far as I understand the problem, it sufficient to just ignore
>the extraneous data.

I think this is not the case, particularly when using synch scsi.
In some circumstances (I forget what), the chip fails to flush
command bytes from the FIFO, but in others, it has incoming data
bytes in the FIFO.  You must inspect the phase (and/or step?)
and decide whether the FIFO data is `good stuff' or `bad stuff'...

There is a reason I never got around to doing sync and disconnect, :-)

Chris