Subject: Re: A few problems with NetBSD-current on a SS1+
To: Joachim Thiemann <joachim@colba.net>
From: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/27/1997 00:36:34
> esp0: RESELECT: 7 bytes in FIFO!

> the messages are repeated a few times. The drive is then unusable
> until I umount it and the mount it again. (I have the entire disk
> (c-partition) as one ffs filesystem.

There's a bug in some revisions of the esp scsi chip that cause
the re-select data read from the chip to contain more bytes than
the expected two, and the driver does not yet work around it.

As far as I understand the problem, it sufficient to just ignore
the extraneous data. I'll probably go and implement that.

> On a totally unrelated note, why does X refuse to start, claiming that
> my keyboard is unsupported? (Fatal server error: Unsupported keyboard
> type -1)

Check the access bits on /dev/kbd.  This is X's funny way of saying
"Permission denied" ...

-pk