Subject: Re: ISP 1020 patches available
To: None <earle@isolar.Tujunga.CA.US>
From: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/12/1997 23:50:53

>> Patches against 3/10's -current kernel to add support for SPARC and Alpha
>> ISP1020 SCSI host adapters can be found in:
>>
>>         ftp.feral.com://pub/isp/ISP_DIFFS.gz
>
>Bitchen!
>
>Matt, do you think a SPARC kernel with these patches would recognize that old
>Performance Technologies PT-SBS440A card I've got?  What about the Sun SBus
>DWIS/S board?
>
>[Attempting to keep this relevant to port-SPARC, I add:]
>In short, how many SBus cards exist that this driver might be applicable to,
>if it could be beaten on about the edges to deal with the vagarities of each?
>
>(Or should I just bite the bullet, find a differential-to-single-ended
> converter for that piece of shit differential 2 Gb Barracuda I bought, and
> forget the whole thing?  (-: )
>
>	- Greg

Umm- I actually checked out, on an SS2, with a single ended QLGC,isp board
(with the jumper set so it put out SUNW,isp, but the driver should
recognize either) prior to comitting the changes. I did *minimal* checkout,
i.e., it recognized the only wide target I had available at the spot,
a Toshiba CDROM, and was able to mount a iso9660 file system, etc...

Let me know how it goes.. I didn't do any of the differential pin
sensing stuff that you can do with the SBus version, but it should
work.

As they say, "watch this space...."

-matt