Subject: Re: ISP 1020 patches available
To: None <mjacob@feral.com>
From: Greg Earle <earle@isolar.Tujunga.CA.US>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/12/1997 22:46:37
> Patches against 3/10's -current kernel to add support for SPARC and Alpha
> ISP1020 SCSI host adapters can be found in:
>
>         ftp.feral.com://pub/isp/ISP_DIFFS.gz

Bitchen!

Matt, do you think a SPARC kernel with these patches would recognize that old
Performance Technologies PT-SBS440A card I've got?  What about the Sun SBus
DWIS/S board?

[Attempting to keep this relevant to port-SPARC, I add:]
In short, how many SBus cards exist that this driver might be applicable to,
if it could be beaten on about the edges to deal with the vagarities of each?

(Or should I just bite the bullet, find a differential-to-single-ended
 converter for that piece of shit differential 2 Gb Barracuda I bought, and
 forget the whole thing?  (-: )

	- Greg